Monday, September 15, 2008

Can't Compete With Huge Grant for the Best Man Speech...? Don't Worry... Dan Stevens Can Help You...

One of the most hilarious best man wedding speeches I ever heard was from "Four Weddings and a Funeral." And Hugh Grant was the perfect guy to say it:

"Ladies and gentlemen, l'm sorry to drag you from your desserts. There are just one or two little things I feel I should say, as best man. This is only the second time l've been a best man. I hope I did OK that time. The couple in question are at least still talking to me. Unfortunately, they're not actually talking to each other. The divorce came through a couple of months ago. But l'm assured it had absolutely nothing to do with me. Paula knew Piers had slept with her sister before I mentioned it in the speech. The fact that he'd slept with her mother came as a surprise, but I think was incidental to the nightmare of recrimination and violence that became their two-day marriage. Anyway, enough of that. My job today is to talk about Angus. There are no skeletons in his cupboard. Or so I thought. I'll come on to that in a minute. I would just like to say this. I am, as ever, in bewildered awe of anyone who makes this kind of commitment that Angus and Laura have made today. I know I couldn't do it and I think it's wonderful they can. So, back to Angus and those sheep."

But you don't have to be a Hugh Grant or even memorize a speech if you don't want... you just need a wedding speech package that covers everything you need to know to give a GREAT wedding speech...

I suggest that you look into my review of the Best Man Speech by Dan Stevens...

No comments: